How To Set Up An Instagram Business Account
On Instagram, you can convert your personal profile to a business account to access features that can help you grow your business.
Note: you may only have 5 Instagram accounts at a time.
To switch your profile to a business account:
- Go to your profile and tap in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- For some accounts, the Switch to Professional Account option will be listed directly under Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Tap Continue.
- Select a Category for your business and tap Done.
- Tap OK to confirm.
- Tap Business.
- Tap Next.
- Add Contact details and tap Next. Or tap Don’t use my contact info to skip this step.
- If you’d like, you can follow the steps to connect your business account to a Facebook Page associated with your business. This step is optional, and will make it easier to use all of the features available for businesses across the Meta family of apps. At this time, only one Facebook Page can be connected to your business account.
- Tap X on the top right corner to return to your profile.
With a business account, you’ll be able to access insights that can help you understand who is engaging with your business on Instagram. You also have access to the Professional Dashboard, where you can track your performance, access and discover professional tools, and explore educational information curated by Instagram.
You also have the option to display or hide your business category and contact information on your profile. After setting up, go to your profile and tap Edit Profile. Go to Profile Display under Public Business Information to choose whether you want to hide or display your category label and contact info. Then, tap Done.